Welcome to the Rotary Club of Davis #437
We meet at the Davis Community Church Social Hall located at 421 D Street, Davis, CA on most Mondays from 12:15pm to 1:15pm.
Click here for more meeting information
Click here see our Program Schedule with Topics, Speakers and a contact for nonmembers interested in attending a meeting.
Check out our FaceBook page.
Want to find the MOW schedule? Click here
Welcome to the ROTARY CLUB OF DAVIS.
GREETINGS FROM THE PRESIDENT
I am honored and humbled to be club President for Rotary Club of Davis, also referred to as the “Noon Club” for the 2023-2024 Rotary year. What many people don’t know is that Rotary is one of the largest service organizations in the world, with 1.2 million members. This year’s International conference brought me to Melbourne, Australia to hear conference chair Gordon McInally of Scotland announce our 2023-2024 Rotary mission to “Create Hope in the World”.
The purpose of Rotary is to "provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through [the] fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.” Its missions are to: promoting peace; fighting disease; providing clean water, sanitation and hygiene; saving mothers and children; growing local economics; supporting education; and protecting the environment. These are also Davis community values.
What is a Rotarian? In summary, Rotarians are good professional people of action.
The Davis “Noon Club” Rotarians have been serving the Davis community both locally and internationally for almost 100 years. Davis has three Rotary Clubs: Davis Sunrise, Davis Sunset and the Davis Noon Club.
The motto “Service Above Self” is the Rotary calling. My goal this year is to communicate effectively the international mission “Create Hope in the World” to our members and to the local community -- and to grow our club with like-minded individuals.
Each Rotarian has his/her own story regarding what it means to be a Rotarian and how Rotary affects his/her life.
What values does a Rotarian strive/stand for?
The four-way test is where each Rotarian asks:
1) Is it the TRUTH?
2) Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3) Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4) Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
When/Where do we Meet? We meet in person locally at the community room of Community Church each Monday 12:15- 1:15 in a fun organized atmosphere along with an informative speaker. We enjoy a wonderful lunch catered by a local small business Simply Satisfied, who was recently recognized as a Yolo Business of the Year by the Davis Chamber of Commerce.
What does the Rotary Club in Davis do?
Davis “Noon Club” is a service club which focuses on both local and international causes.
Contributing to Polio Plus focused on eradicating polio in the world.
Supporting the Rotary foundation providing grants all over the world.
Some of the service based projects the Davis Club has undertaken are as follows:
- Delivering meals weekly for the elderly program Meals on Wheels.
- Setting up a yearly fundraiser “Big Night” assisting non-profits and governmental agencies in Yolo County on the front line of child abuse prevention and human trafficking.
- Smoke detector battery exchange, in which Rotary Club assists the elderly in Davis replacing batteries.
- Our Rotary Picnic BBQ in the Park is held every May.
- Ringing the bell for Salvation Army donations during the holidays.
- Working at the Yolo County Fair to raise monies for Rotary Charitable Accounts.
- Contributing monies to Davis Education Foundation to restore the children’s Carousel in the Central Park.
- Supporting college students in their Rotaract Club at UC Davis.
- Contributing monies and Rotarian help to build the new play area at the Progress Ranch home for boys in foster care.
- Setting up a fund for University Students in the Ukraine city of Uman, the sister city of Davis Rotary.
- Many other community projects throughout the year are also supported and completed.
How do I find out more? Email: email@example.com
President of Rotary Club of Davis 2023-24
PS There are two other Rotary clubs in Davis. Click on these links for more information: Sunrise and Sunset clubs.
Click here to download our new Rotary brochure!
All Rotary clubs throughout the world are dedicated to the ideal of service to others.
We always welcome new members.· If you would like to learn more or to join us. We will be happy to see you and the lunch will be on us! or contact us. Thank you for your interest in our organization.