Becoming a Member
Child Abuse Prevention
Local Service Projects
Meals On Wheels
Shade Structure Project
Past Service Projects
RI Polio Plus
Our Club Members
Officers & Directors
Rotary Club of Davis 2009 Holiday Gift Drive
Support EMQ FamiliesFirst and help bring holiday magic to
children in need in our community!
A Tradition of Excellence
Since 1867, EMQ FamiliesFirst has been dedicated to
helping children and families in crisis. The agency's
mission is to do whatever it takes to help children,
strengthen families, build communities, and advocate
for change. Your contribution to our holiday gift drive will
support the boys in our Residential Treatment
Program and will truly make their holiday a little brighter!
Residential Treatment Program
Provides 24-hour psychiatric treatment to severely emotionally
disturbed boys, ages 6-17, who would otherwise generally require
psychiatric hospitalization. The Davis Campus is a 6-acre facility
which currently houses 63 youth. Typically, these children have
histories of psychiatric hospitalization and established histories
of an inability to succeed under family-based care or in lower-level group homes. The purpose of the Residential Program is to provide specialized treatment in a safe
and nurturing environment to youth, many of whom have experienced severe physical, sexual, or
emotional abuse and neglect or abandonment. The goal for every residential child is to graduate
to a less restrictive setting, such as returning to their family, transitioning to a foster home, or
graduating to a lower level of residential care.
COMMUNITY FOOD & FUND DRIVE, 2007
September 22 - 29
Unique features of the Community Food Drive, 2007:
- All the service clubs in Davis are sponsoring a single community service event. This is the sixth joint service club event and also the fourth annual Community Food Drive
- The beneficiaries are all the needy groups in Davis including children, men, women and families. Our food and cash/check donations are distributed to charitable organizations in Davis which includes STEAC, YCCC, Davis Community meals, Pine Tree Gardens, Yolo Crisis Nursery, Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Shelter, and Progress Ranch
- The event is sponsored in conjunction with Davis interfaith organizations, UC Davis, DJUSD, the Chamber of Commerce, Davis Family Week Committee and businesses in the community.
- Check/Cash donations: As understood from charitable organizations they are in need of funds as well. This year for the first time we are collecting checks/cash as donations. The checks can be payable to "ROTARY CHARITIES" and they are tax deductible.
- Food donations: Canned and non-perishable food items
- Sponsoring service clubs: Rotary Noon, Rotary Sunrise, Soroptimist International Davis, Soroptimist International Greater Davis, Kiwanis Davis, Kiwanis of Greater Davis, Venture, Lions & Oddfellows